Saturday, May 1, 2010

Super Size Me

After watching Super Size Me, I was impressed by Morgan Spurlock. I am surprised he would use himself as an experiment to eat McDonald thirty days and put his health in danger. He made this movie 6 years ago; I wonder anything barely changed today. Obesity is still the problem. I did not know 43 percent of fast food restaurant in America is McDonald. Indeed McDonald is everywhere and what a mock to have McDonald in the hospital. Also I felt disappointed about the law; it is not protecting its citizens but the profit. I worry about our food system and people’s eating habit after watching this movie.

I see the failure of education when I saw the school was serving the fast food, and they claimed that they are educating students to make good choice. I guess the school itself need to be educated first. The school themselves should make a wise decision too. The problems became more serious when the obesity started in young population. Their future may be full of pain because of their health problem leading by obesity; America may suffer the consequences. This movie shows us what we need to change in society to protect children.

Advertisement has so much power to effect people’s life. Not only in the TV but there are many different ways to commercial products such as poster in the train or bus. People who do not have TV at home can even see the advertisement of fast food everywhere. I do not remember if I have seen any advertisement for vegetable. The companies tend to use sport player or children to show that eating fast food is not unhealthy. We all should be careful not to be brain wash by those commercial.

More people need to know the problems of eating unhealthy food. Knowledge is not enough. We need to act- eat healthy. This movie has showed me the problems of obesity and the danger in our food culture. People need to change their eating habit and exercise more.

5 comments:

  1. I agree with you Sho. Advertisment is one of the reasons people eat this food too much, that is why they spent billions of dollars on it. And it is really important that schools change the food they give to students by putting food that is more healthy and that according to the movie it costs about the same as what they spend now

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you that school system provides opportunity for children to eat junk food. If any concerned parents give their children healthy food, they would not eat them at school. That’s right, people see fast food chain in everywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I strongly agree with what you've said about the school serving unhealthy foods, because I was also surprised when I saw it on the documentary. Students should learn in school, and since they are serving junk foods in the cafeteria, kids may think that it is actually okay to eat those foods. You also have a good point about the effect of advertisement.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sho, I totally agree it is crazy Morgan would use himself as a guinea pig to test this crazy diet out. I also wonder what has really changed since the movie. Are Americans really healthier? Advertisement do have a lot of power over what kids eat and it monitered.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 我也看過那部電影喔!!每天都吃麥當當而且是三餐,真的是嚇死人了.不過就是因為麥當當好吃才會有人常常上門阿!店也越開越多家,
    我們不能訂法律規定台灣不能賣速食,也不能叫那些速食業者關店,所以,身為消費者的我們,在滿足自己的胃之時也要選擇對自己健康的食物喔!
    台灣最有名的就是以速食文明,叫台灣人不要吃速食好想有點怪怪的ㄋㄟ,我們自己不要太常吃就好啦!!
    在外地的翔,要好好選擇自己的每一餐喲!!不要常吃速食喔!!



    PS:禮物有收到嗎?應該快到囉!!你最近都沒上限耶!!在忙也要讓自己好好休息喔!!

    ReplyDelete